Thanks to the wonderful, wild success of ArtFest13, we will be running ArtFest again next summer! This will be our third year of ArtFest – look forward to brand new workshops, and the return of some great classics. ArtFest14 will run from July 10 to July 30 – more details as we get them!
One of the most important things to remember about ArtFest13 is that we have so many different audiences! Below the cut, please find a complete list of workshops for ALL the different kinds of attendees.
ArtFest13 is SFUAD’s annual celebration of creativity and innovation. Its mission is to deliver outstanding three-week experiences with the freedom to explore, experiment, learn, grow and share ideas with members of one global community. To learn more about ArtFest13, click on the ABOUT button above!
If this is your first time exploring artfestsf.com, please use our navigation tools at the top of the page, depending on which workshops apply to you! If you’re interested in news about ArtFest13, please see the blog posts below for frequently updated information.
- Laureate Students. Three-week workshops offered to the Laureate International Universities students. Please click here for details.
- Laureate Faculty. One, two, or three-week workshops available to the Laureate International Universities faculty members. For more details, click here.
- High School Students. To learn about our new workshops for Juniors and Seniors, please click here.
- High School Teachers, Counselors, alumni and local community. To see details on our one-week workshops, please click here.
Registration opens the last week of March 2013. Space in our workshops is limited. Register early.
Creative Writing Workshops are being offered during ArtFest for interested writers who cannot attend the 3-week ArtFest schedule! For adults, community members, SFUAD alumni, teachers, and counselors, we have the following workshops in Continuing Education:
- Poet Laureate and Pulitzer Prize Winner Louise Glück’s Poetry Master Class
- Digging Out Diamonds: Strategies for Inspiring, Developing and Strengthening Poems with SFUAD Creative Writing Co-Chair Dana Levin
- I Am Trying to Break Your Heart: Flash Fiction with IAIA Creative Writing Faculty Jon Davis
- Writing Your Life: Mapping a Memoir with SFUAD Creative Writing Faculty Emily Rapp
For High School Students interested in getting a sneak-peek at the college experience, we’ve created a one-day workshop in creative writing:
- Serious Fun: Fiction and Poetry with SFUAD Creative Writing Co-Chair Dana Levin
More week-long community workshops and high school level workshops will be announced soon!
We have a tentative workshop date for ArtFest13! A combination of returning favorites from last year, and brand new offerings. Please note that SOME of the workshops have yet to be confirmed, so this list may vary slightly in its final format. You can read descriptions of the returning workshops, in detail, right here!
- Alternative Photographic Processes
- Beginning Digital Photography
- Concept Art for Games
- Flash Animation
- Icon Words
- Micro Cinema
- Underground Story Telling
- At the Wheel: Finding Center
- The Myth of the City: Build Your Own
- From Natives to Nukes
- Urban Arts: Intro to Hip Hop
- Worlds of Music (3 part workshop)
- Interpretive Landscape Photography (added 2/8/13)
To-Be Confirmed Workshops
- Portrait Photography
- Sculpture: Learning to Love You More
- Interior Design
- Fashion Design
(Just a note: the current class listings and schedule are from LAST YEAR. They’re a great example of what’s to come, but don’t base your plans on them just yet!